J M Scully have been successful in securing two concurrent projects for Places for People; a leading leisure and wellness partner delivering fitness, sport, health and wellbeing. PFP primarily work with Local Authorities to deliver the right kinds of health and physical activity outcomes that make a difference to the lives of people and their communities.
Epping - This is a project to refurbish and alter an existing sports centre in Epping, the existing centre has been kept open throughout the works and close liaison with the centre manager and staff has been key, the main points of the works are;
• Conversion of two squash courts to form one larger studio for dance, fitness etc
• Conversion of a kitchen, office, bar area into a new spin studio and creche, complete with two new offices
• Refurbishment and extension of the existing fitness suite and gym to form a single large fitness suite with all new fitness equipment (supplied by PFP)
• Complete refurbishment and remodelling of the existing changing rooms and creche to form new larger male and female changing suites
• Relocation and refurbishment of the main entrance area and reception desk
• Programme phased to allow the centre to remain open and is due for completion 4thMay 2018
• The creche, studio, spin studio and fitness suite are all complete and open to the public, the reception area and changing rooms are the only areas to be completed
• Design and build contract, project value £970K.
Works to the above areas include new finishes to walls, floors and ceilings, new lighting and cooling and heating as required.
The works have presented a challenge to the J M Scully delivery team, particularly due to working in a live environment and maintaining access and egress for the public and staff as well as keeping the site clean and tidy at all times. However, they have succeeded and the project is on track for completion on time and to budget.
Loughton- This project is to provide an extension to the existing relatively modern sports centre with swimming pool. The extension will provide a new fitness suite with a mezzanine floor and floor to ceiling external glazing. The main points of the works are;
• Demolition of existing structure for new extension
• Large steel framed extension to the existing centre with glu-lam roof trusses and block walls to tie in with the existing structure
• Conversion and refurbishment of two studios within the existing centre
• The centre is also to remain open during the works therefore close liaison is again paramount between all staff
• The programme is due to complete on 24thAugust 2018
• Design and build contract, project value is £1.65m
We have also been awarded the contract to refurbish the changing village for the pool, which includes retiling the walls and floors and supplying/installing new cubicles and benches. The value of this project is £300K
As at Epping, the site confines are very tight so once again the J M Scully delivery team have been set a challenge to manage and deliver whilst being very much in the public view at all times.